- EdM, Columbia University, 2012
- MS, University of Pennsylvania, 1996
- JPAN011/012: Beginning Japanese I and II
- JPAN021/022: Intensive Beginning Japanese I and II
- JPAN111/112: Beginning Japanese III and IV
- JPAN211/212: Intermediate Japanese I and II
- JPAN311/312: Intermediate Japanese III and IV
- JPAN381/382: Japanese for the Professions I and II
- JPAN411/412: Advanced Japanese I and II
- Co-editor, Mirai wo tsukuru kotobano kyooiku wo mezashite: Hihanteki naiyoojyuushi no gengokyooiku no riron to jissen [Language Education for Social Future: Critical Content-Based Instruction] (2015, 2nd printing 2018). Co-editor with Shinji Sato, Uichi Kamiyoshi, and Yuri Kumagai. Tokyo: Coco Syuppan.
- Chukyu kara nobasu Bijinesu keesu de manabu nihongo.(Powering Up Your Japanese through Case Studies: Intermediate and Advanced Japanese) (2014; 8th printing 2020) Tokyo: The Japan Times, Inc.
- “New Approach to Business Japanese Instruction: Content-Based Instruction Using Business Cases.” (2017). Journal of Japanese Linguistics. 33 (pp.65-74).
- Review article, “Shigeru Osuka- Japanese for Healthcare Professionals: Introduction to Medical Japanese” (2015) Japanese Language and Literature. 49 (2). (pp. 375- 380) .American Association of Teachers of Japanese.
- “Infusing the National Standards into Business Language Curriculum” (2010) Global Business Languages. 15, Article 4. Purdue University CIBER.
Available at: http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/gbl/vol15/iss1/4
- Editor, “Meeting Student Needs: Perspectives on Teaching Japanese for Professional Purposes” (2010). Association of Teachers of Japanese Occasional Paper.
- Introduction. “Meeting Student Needs: Perspectives on Teaching Japanese for Professional Purposes.” (2010) Association of Teachers of Japanese Occasional Paper.
- “Employing International Business Cases for Business Language Instruction.” (2008) Global Business Languages. 13 (pp 63-79). Purdue University CIBER.
- “A Study on Closing Section of Japanese Telephone Conversation.” (2002). Working Papers in Educational Linguistics, vol. 18. Philadelphia, USA: University of Pennsylvania
- “Proficiency-Based Instruction from Intermediate to Advanced level” In Miura and Watanabe (Eds.), Proficiency-Based Instruction in Japanese Language Education：Application and Practice of ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines (tentative Title) (in writing)
- “Beikoku daigaku no bijinesu nihongo koosu ni okeru nakyoojyuushi no hihanteki gengokyooiku no kokoromi (A study of Critical Content-Based Instruction in Business Japanese Course in the United States).” In Sato, Takami, Kamiyoshi, and Kumagai (Eds.), Mirai wo tsukuru kotobano kyooiku wo mezashite: Hihanteki naiyoojyuushi no gengokyooiku no riron to jissen [Language Education for Social Future: Critical Content-Based Instruction]. Pp. 297-322. Tokyo: Coco Syuppan. (2015)
- “Amerika ni okeru naiyo jyuushino nihongo kyoiku (Content -Based Instruction in the US)”. Co-author with Shinji Sato, Yuri Kumagai, Astushi Hasegawa, and Akemi Morioka. In Sato, Takami, Kamiyoshi, and Kumagai (Eds.), Mirai wo tsukuru kotobano kyooiku wo mezashite: Hihanteki naiyoojyuushi no gengokyooiku no riron to jissen [Language Education for Social Future: Critical Content-Based Instruction]. Tokyo: Coco Syuppan. Pp 77-121. (2015)
- “Building Connections between Language and Culture Learning: A Hybrid Curriculum Model for More Effective Business Japanese Teaching.” (2010). In M. Gueldry (Eds) How Globalizing Professions Deal with National Languages: Studies in Cultural Studies and Cooperation (pp.79-99) The Edwin Mellen Press.
- “Beikoku daigakuni okeru jisedai gurobaru jinzaino ikuseiwo mezasu kyoiku jissen (Cultivating next-generation global human resources: A case of business Japanese instruction in an American university).” (2018) Proceeding of the International Conference of Japanese Language Education (ICJLE) . Pp. 137-148.
- “Bujinesu nihongo no projekuto ni okeru manabino komyuniti wo mezasu kokoromi (An Attempt to Build Learning Community through a Project in Business Japanese).” (2014) Proceedings of the 21st Princeton Japanese Pedagogy Forum. Pp 1-10. Department of East Asian Studies, Princeton University
- “Integrating language and content: A case study of intermediate Japanese for professions.” (2005). In R. Jourdenais, & S. Springer (Eds.), Content, Tasks and Projects in the Language Classroom: 2004 Conference Proceedings (pp. 69-77). Monterey, CA: Monterey Institute of International Studies.
President-Elect, American Association of Teachers of Japanese (2021); Eurasia Foundation (from Asia) Grant (2020); Editorial Board Member, Global Business Languages (March 2020-Present); AATJ Teacher Award (2019); Co-Chair, AP Japanese Language and Culture Development Committee (July 2018-Present); Committee Member, AP Japanese Language and Culture Development Committee (July 2017-June 2018); Board Member, American Association of Teachers of Japanese (January 2014-May 2017); Director, National Japanese Exam, American Association of Teachers of Japanese (July 2013-May 2017); Founding Chair of Japanese for Specific Purposes (JSP), Special Interest Group (SIG) at the American Association of Teachers of Japanese (AATJ) (2007-Present); ACTFL OPI Tester Certificate (Japanese) (2001- 2010); AP Japanese Language and Culture Reading: Question Leader (2018-2020),Table Leader (2017),Reader (2010, 2008); Intercultural Development Inventory Administrator and Interpreter Certificate (2008); Business Language Research and Teaching Award/Grant, CIBER Consortium for Business Language Research and Teaching (2013,2007); Penn Lauder CIBER Faculty Research/Curriculum Development Grant, Penn Lauder CIBER (2010, 2009, 2008); Japanese Language Education Mini-Grant, The Japan Foundation, Los Angels (2010); SAS Language Teaching Innovation Grant (2007, 2006), University of Pennsylvania; Best Project Award, the Second Annual Language Grants Showcase hosted by Penn Language Center, University of Pennsylvania (2008); Teachers College General Scholarship from Teachers College, Columbia University (2010-2012); Rotary Foundation Academic-year Ambassadorial Scholarship (1994-1995)